Since my daughter went dairy free it is sometimes a struggle to get enough fat in her diet for her little toddler brain to keep up with its rapid development.
A friend suggested this and I modified it to be a bit more fat dense and of course dairy free. If you don't need to be dairy free just replace the almond yogurt with full fat dairy greek yogurt.
- 6 ripe medium avocados
- 2 ripe banana
- 4 tbsp cashew butter (or nut butter of your choice)
- 12 oz dairy free yogurt (I use silk almond yogurt because its the most fat dense)
- 1 tbsp raw sugar
- 1-2 tbsp honey (to taste)
- 2 tsp fruit fresh (pectin to keep from turning brown)
- Blend all ingredients together in food processor until smooth
- Portion into 4oz cups
This freezes well too, I freeze in the portion cups and thaw in the refrigerator.
With my ingredients its about 200 calories and 10g fat per 4oz serving.