Giant extra chocolate chip cookies
- 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 bag milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup cold salted butter, cubed
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ cups bread flour
- 1 ½ cups cake flour
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine all of the chocolate chips. Stir to evenly mix. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix together the butter and all the sugars together until combined and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs, vanilla, salt, and baking soda and mix until smooth.
- Add in the flour, mixing until just combined.
- Add in 1 ½ cups of the chocolate chip mixture, mixing until incorporated.
- Using a large scoop (I used an ice cream scoop), portion the dough and roll it into a ball. Coat the ball with the chocolate chip mixture, leaving the bottom of the ball free from chocolate chips. Make sure the chips are pressed firmly and evenly into the dough. Place the dough balls onto the prepared baking sheet 3- inches apart.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the edges and tops are lightly golden.
I modified a recipe from https://cookiesandcups.com/ to make these!